I don't mean to offend. It's probably going to happen anyway.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Words To Live By

I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.

I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

~William Tyler Page, The American's Creed.

Words that seem no longer to reflect the nature of this country, but words I do believe in. This is not what America is, it is what America needs to be again. We have lost much over the last few decades. Every stride we take back towards good is countered by 5 in the wrong direction. We may still be able to resurrect this country though. Remember the American's creed. Live well, and live principled. America can be great again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, but please be respectful. I reserve the right to delete any comment at any time for any reason, but I don't anticipate having to do that. Let's try to have real discussions?