I don't mean to offend. It's probably going to happen anyway.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Boxes

I am slowly managing to get the last pieces of my life in order for the move to Texas in the morning. I'm not sure I want to see another box for at least a week, but no luck there.


I'm simultaneously excited about the move, dreading it, and a touch nervous.


The excitement comes from moving out of Illinois, starting a new chapter, and all that good stuff.


Dread comes because I am not what many would call an organized person. Moving to and from my high school every year was hassle enough, and when I inevitably forgot something important, I could pop back the next weekend and bring it then. Now, if I intend to use it in the next three months, it needs to come now, or be shipped. Add to that a pathological desire to avoid packing and unpacking, and avoid chaos, the next half-week isn't likely to be particularly fun.


The unknowns make me nervous. That's pretty much to be expected.


Posting is likely to be light for a little while as I get acclimated and over the move. I've got a few things lined up that might make an appearance in the next week or so.

1 comment:

  1. Trust me, you WILL forget something important... sigh... BTDT :-) Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, but please be respectful. I reserve the right to delete any comment at any time for any reason, but I don't anticipate having to do that. Let's try to have real discussions?