I don't mean to offend. It's probably going to happen anyway.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sunday

This is likely to not be particularly PC. If you offend easily, go away now.

In a few days, it will be one decade since a small group of God-forsaken bastards tried to run my country into the ground. I was eight years old, and remember sitting under a blanket watching the footage repeating. It didn't really make sense at the time. I thought they were just trying to kill people.

Ten years later it does. In many senses, those lowest pieces of shit I can imagine succeeded. For years, people would turn and stare at a hijab or turban passing on the street. We entered into two apparently unending wars. We have had encroachment after encroachment on our civil liberties in the name of our protection.

We forgot.

We forgot what it was they were trying to destroy. They wanted a weak America, a crippled America. They wanted a people living so thoroughly in fear that they would roll over and disappear. More than killing Americans, they wanted to kill America.

Tell me, how many foundational American principles have been violated in the last ten years?

Tell me, how many of your enumerated rights can you really count on?

Tell me, are you safer in your home because of all these things?

Tell me, if they hit us again, could we take it?

Buildings don't matter. People Matter. Ideas matter. Freedom matters.

This:
only matters so long as we don't succumb, and we don't forget. So long as we don't allow our America to die by the wayside, victim to its own timidity. Do not let them destroy us. Buildings don't matter. America does.

Remember, or they won.

3 comments:

  1. Well spoken, Sir. The old saw about giving up liberty to gain security and ending up with neither really applies. How many pat-down of little old ladies does it take before we realize it isn't working? They wont try the same again - it will be different next time. And hopefully next time the response will be a .223 round into Osama's (or whoever the next asshole is) noggin. Not further erosion of American Freedoms.
    And your profile still says student at a High School.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For as long as we try to prevent what was already done, we're vulnerable.

    I know the profile is wrong, but Blogger sends up an error whenever I attempt to edit it. I'm trying to figure out why, but not seeing the reason just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems to have been fixed now. Blogger doesn't always get along particularly well with me.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, but please be respectful. I reserve the right to delete any comment at any time for any reason, but I don't anticipate having to do that. Let's try to have real discussions?