I don't mean to offend. It's probably going to happen anyway.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Veterans Day

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -- Winston Churchill

It may be misquoted, warped, and misunderstood to the point of having difficult if not impossible attribution, but that doesn't make it any less right. Freedom isn't free.

By all means give the veterans a day. My one complaint with Veteran's Day is that it is only one day. Those men and women are deserving of our thanks and admiration. Let them know you appreciate it, today and every day.

And for those of you who can, join them. This country needs its protectors.



If this turns up twice, it's because Blogger hates pre-scheduling posts.

1 comment:

  1. I make a point to ask everyone I see in uniform if they are on active duty, and if so, to thank them for their service. Every day, not just 11/11.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, but please be respectful. I reserve the right to delete any comment at any time for any reason, but I don't anticipate having to do that. Let's try to have real discussions?