I don't mean to offend. It's probably going to happen anyway.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father's Day

One of the things I have been sad to see at college is the number of my peers who don't get along well with their fathers. The reasons vary wildly, but I find them universally saddening.

I am blessed to not have that problem.  Dad and I have gotten along smashingly for as long as I can remember, and I am pleased to count him as one of my best friends, in addition to being my dad.

I owe much of who I am to his influence, from the little things like spoken mannerisms to big things like my moral compass.  I hope someday to be able to truly live up to his example.

He is brilliant, kind-hearted, talented, personable, and all around good man that I am proud to call father and friend.

Thanks Dad. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. And I love you too! Thanks - you made me blush. It's been a pleasure growing up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, but please be respectful. I reserve the right to delete any comment at any time for any reason, but I don't anticipate having to do that. Let's try to have real discussions?